Friday, October 16, 2009

the fringe of love

Today's outfit was (semi) inspired by my recent viewing of "The Edge of Love," which is all abuzz in the fashion blogosphere (and for good reason!):

I adored it, of course. It's a known fact that I love movies about romantic bohemian lives in distant times... and of course, artists, poets, musicians and other creative figures never cease to fascinate me. I do not envy the lovely ladies of this film, though I do envy their warm floral wardrobes.

On a quick, cold trip down to our storage unit, I saw this lovely blue floral dress sitting on top of a box of clothes (hand-me-downs from K's mom) that didn't fit and were thereafter discarded. I thought I would give it a second chance now that I own a few shape-creating belts. Turns out:

#1: It is actually a romper (yes, those are shorts)!

#2: Rompers are not recommended for days when multiple cups of coffee are consumed in rapid succession (!)
#3: I decided to wear it backwards.
I also gave my fringe a good trim last night, hence the cheesy title of this post.

K and I will be carving pumpkins and engaging in other Halloween-related activities this evening (scary movie & candy corn), which delights me to no end!

Especially when the October wind
With frosty fingers punishes my hair,
Caught by the crabbing sun I walk on fire
And cast a shadow crab upon the land,
By the sea's side, hearing the noise of birds,
Hearing the raven cough in winter sticks,
My busy heart who shudders as she talks
Sheds the syllabic blood and drains her words.
[dylan thomas, 18 poems, 1934]

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I love your blog! Your style is so fun, and innovative- I just adore it.

    I am Following ASAP!

    xoxo
    Amy
    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you seem to have the coolest colored tights. Where do you get them??

    Love your style. Following on RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The romper is worn backwards? Haha, I love that!
    I love the colors of your outfit as well. I have yet to see The Edge of Love but cannot wait to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tights are HUE--I picked them up at Macy's :) I plan to go back and get the same in more colors because I love them so much! Thanks for the lovely comments, they made my day!

    ReplyDelete