Friday, October 1, 2010

polka dance with plaid

Man, is it raining.

(blouse: Bargain Boutique; blazer: Plato's Closet; jeans: PacSun; booties: Seychelles; glasses: F21)

Sometimes my blogging habits make me question my sanity. A person with all her faculties intact does not stand outside in a torrential downpour taking photographs of herself (granted, I did attempt to take shelter under the stairwell, but still managed to be pelted in the face with oversize droplets as they collected overhead & forcefully fell through the cracks). I actually put my hair in a satisfactory bun this morning on the first try (which never happens)... but by the time I got to work I looked like a drowned rat. Like I said, I'm a complete Nutter. Anyway, I really like the plaid-and-polka pairing here--I have been gravitating to anyandall polka patterns lately, and even though this blouse is about three sizes too big I couldn't resist the $2 price tag. I may attempt to shrink it down to size, but I also kind of like the fact that it's a little bit loose. We'll see. Also, I have a weakness for suede elbow pads on blazers. I should be a professor.

The monsoon is supposed to slow to a stop tonight and the weekend is apparently going to be rather nice? We'll see. One fun fact about me that you probably don't know: I totally geek out over puzzles, and can spend hours and hours working on one. I bought one a couple of days ago and will probably spend most of my weekend poring over those little cardboard pieces. Sounds good to me :)

4 comments:

  1. the elbow patches are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is so inspirational, I can't even begin to tell you...OMG, I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee. Yeah, we bloggers are not always particularly straight in our judgment, but it's always worth it, and this fabulous outfit is certainly no exception!

    ReplyDelete