Tuesday, November 16, 2010

clash of the patterns

I love this outfit. I think that the pattern of the coat and dress clash so fantastically, they almost match. And yellow tights always make my day a little brighter :)

(dress/belt: Bargain Boutique; jacket: TJMaxx; tights: HUE; shoes: Seychelles; lip color: MAC "Dare You")

Are any of my fellow Americans totally excited for Thanksgiving? I sure am. It's so close I can practically smell it (oh wait, I think that's my co-worker's lunch...). I'm excited to spend a long, drowsy day in front of the fire with my fabulous family, pigging out on port wine cheese and regular old wine and playing Bananagrams until dinnertime... and then, swoon! Oh, the food. Anyway, I'm obviously hungry... and I don't have anything terribly exciting to say, because that's what happens to me on Tuesday! It's like my Blogger Bermuda Triangle.

7 comments:

  1. Your pattern mix is lovely! And the yellow tights set it off so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit too! I think the clashing prints work 100%, because although they clash, they have something in common (being a bit floral, there's some colour or at least tone similarity). Seriously, loads of people don't get print mixing at all, but this is awesome. Also, thanks to you, I've been stalking through accessories sections in search of yellow tights. No luck so far..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo the patterns are insane, but amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I'm crazy about the pattern mixing. The jacket, the dress! DANG! And the tights are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! It's such a perfect balance of push and pull between the two, and I really think the yellow tights are what makes it all work. absolutely smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know I mix patterns all the time, I say yes to it! And the print behind me is by James Jean, I wish I was as talented as him, and I think I hear the goat cloak print calling your name. She wants to be on your walls :)

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  7. These yellow tights are perfect! Adorable outfit!

    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete