Friday, January 28, 2011

vintage bowling shoes

In honor of my newfound appreciation for the art of bowling (and the lame "modern" bowling shoes that they provide at the alley), I thought I would put together a little post to highlight the awesome vintage bowling-style shoes available on Etsy these days. Not only for bowling purposes--in fact, I'm sure no alley would let you bring your own shoes--these shoes are just awesome!

(via joyelizabethG)

(via scoutHOME)

(via trunkgoods)



I purchased the last pair of wooly shoes and can't wait to wear them!! I think they look distinctly loafer-esque and I just can't say no to fur :)

6 comments:

  1. Aaah, I am swooning for the green trimmed ones, and also for the ones you purchased. Not sure the heels would be too efficient though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i think i need the heeled ones, so ridiculous just like me!
    Actually Idee_geniale has a pair of vintage japanese bowling shoes, she brings them everytime we go bowling, never had an alley turn her down yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute! What if you tried to wear the heeled ones bowling? I wonder if you'd be allowed? Those last ones are seriously adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I owned a pair of "vintage" bowling shoes in college (I permanently borrowed them from a local bowling alley). And now I'm kicking myself for pitching them - as I have 200 times in the past. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY did I give them away?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    women designer shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really insightful.
    Thanks for the info.
    Wanna have more contents from you.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look view More thanks

    ReplyDelete