Monday, October 17, 2011

over the weekend: whitcomb's land of pumpkin

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another really lovely fall weekend is behind me, and I'm happy to report that K and I have an incredibly warty wonder of a pumpkin to carve later this week :)

On Friday night we went on a date to India House (we wanted to eat at Shalimar but parking in Burlington was a nightmare--damn UVM homecoming weekend), where we drank masala tea and gorged ourselves on samosas, curry and naan. Can't be beat. The service was soooooooo slow--we were there for over two hours, which has not been my experience at Indian restaurants in the past--usually they're practically throwing food at us and we're out of there in an instant. It was kind of nice to just sit and relax and drink tea and wait patiently (okay, I wasn't so patient, especially when the samosas took half an hour to come out) for our food. We picked up some Reeses Pieces and settled in at home for an evening of E.T. (I haven't seen it in so long!) and fall cider/Octoberfest beer. The next day I went for a long run (yay me!), watched some girly movies and then did some writing late into the night.

But Sunday was the best! K and I lounged around the house all morning, and then headed out to Whitcomb's Land of Pumpkin, where we picked up a few gourd-geous new friends and spent an hour or so getting lost in the corn maze! It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun tromping through the mud and finding the "checkpoints" to fill in our word scramble card and solve the riddle. My proudest moment came when I found the candy jackpot (I'm a fiend when it comes to sweets)! It was a perfect autumn activity. K took me to a haunted corn maze on our first "official" date, so it was nice to take a little walk down memory lane (or row?) as well (and the hanging skeletons in daylight were a lot less terrifying than the live monsters that nearly gave me a heart attack the first time around).

All in all, it was a wonderful way to spend a weekend! And now, back in the grind... but next weekend promises to be just as marvelous!

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love going to corn mazes/pumpkin patches, such a perfect date!! That bumpy pumpkin is so cool too.
    I love your skirt, so wonderful, plaid was such a great choice for this activity! You look so pretty
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for fall events! i actually just added the last of the pictures from apple picking, I was waiting for the boy to send them....

    I haven't tried the king arthur flour yet, what crust recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for pumpkin patches! I just adore fall traditions like that. That crazy bumpy gnarly pumpkin is the bomb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love places like that, I used to work at a corn maize and it was so much fun. You look perfectly autumnal and your pumpkin is a proper beast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those pumpkins are huge! glad you found you were able to find your way out of the corn maze without the help of the authorities :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds FANTASTIC. This skirt is adorable, your mister is pretty cute too ;)
    I'm a sucker for beards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, it looks amazing. I love your kilted autumnal get up and envy you a day of pumpkin-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this time of year wish we had pumpkin fields here in the UK! Such a lovely outfit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place looks wonderful! I want to get a pumpkin soon, but I'm thinking about waiting until after Halloween. (Perhaps they'll be super cheap?) I love your plaid skirt in this outfit. The boots are great too.

    ReplyDelete