Thursday, January 12, 2012

in which what's in a trend?

Photobucket

Trends are funny. Last year at this time, babushka/matryoshka dolls were everywhere and people were swooning over them left and right. And then? Silence. Whatever, I still think they're adorable.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress/scarf: thrifted; tights: hue; hat: h&m; necklace: forever 21; shoes: payless)

Someone should keep track of all of the trends we experience throughout the years. It can be pretty obvious based on blog archives and the like, but who has time to scroll back through? Maybe I'll start. A trend journal, or something :) I just think it's amusing how crazed people get about the smallest things (babushkas and buntings, moustaches and owls, bicycles and peter pan collars... the list goes on and on and on and on and on...).

Today it's really snowing (the snowfall seems to be on a biweekly dump schedule, like recycling pick-up or something). I'm looking forward to going home and snuggling on the couch with a big bowl of delicious soup (potato/onion/kale/celery), which my wonderful boyfriend made yesterday, and the last few chapters of my book.

We're almost to the weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Love the yellow tights, great pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nesting doll necklace is just lovely. so nice how it picks up the color of your tights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And those are just the trends us semi-hipsters like! At least they're all nicer than those horrible Jeffrey Campbell shoes the cool kids were all after!

    Anyway, I still love Russian dolls, am wearing a dress with them on it today, and will actually be dressing like one over the weekend, so there. : D Oh, and I love your necklace and Doctor Zhivago hate. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are right, they are adorable. love the mustard tights and cute hat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your bright tights with this awesome dress. And your necklace is sooo cute, it's so funny to think about all the trends that come and go though.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. enamored by this outfit! oh my... those tights are the sweetest color. you look great ! : ) and that necklace is really quite cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the matryoshka dolls are cute too! I usually love trends after they have passed, then I am able to find stuff for super cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont usually follow trends (although I'm still on the peter pan collar train) but it would be interesting to see how they vary throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This necklace is so cute! I love this hat every time you wear it. I think a trend journal could actually be a whole lot of fun. I'm a very lax trend follower and tend to jump on the bandwagon pretty late in the game. But I do love to look at photos (a movies) from other decades and see what things they thought looked cool. I already know my kids will probably make fun of my skinny jeans, but I do wonder what else will look really silly in a couple more years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
    Shany Zebra Rolling Trolly Makeup Case, Light Weight, 12 Pounds

    ReplyDelete