Thursday, February 2, 2012

in which there are no shadows for the groundhog

Photobucket

I don't know about where you are, but I can guarantee that no Vermont Groundhog will be seeing his shadow today (but it's quite likely that we will have at least six more weeks of winter anyway, since we always do--although considering how warm it's been lately, maybe we won't!).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(blazer: vintage via grandmother; skirt: vintage via mother; earrings: flea market; socks: uo; shoes: lulus.com; fur collar: h&m)

I feel like time has just been flying by lately. How is it already Thursday?? I mean, I'm not complaining that the weekends seem so close together, but it does rather concern me that the months and years might just flash by without notice. I'm getting old, ya know?

I always feel infinitely more "vogue" when I bun my hair. I'm not sure why. I feel like one of those characters in romantic comedies who always has her hair severely tied up in a bun and it's supposed to be symbolic of how tightly-wound and organized and urban she is (all of which are pretty much the opposite of me). Maybe that's why I never really wear my hair up. Maybe it is symbolic. It is kind of funny, because I always feel like I have to move more carefully or be more rigid when I have my hair in a bun because I'm always worried that it will collapse. So there you go, buns=rigidity. Wow, there's a glimpse inside my head that you probably had no need for. Moving on...

I also like how when I wear my hair up you can see the highlights underneath, because I always throw it up during the summer when I'm sunning/swimming/et cetera (and don't really care about its inevitable collapse), so the sun bleaches it in spots. Speaking of hair, I need to trim my bangs...

And I need to stop "talking." Tonight: off to the gym, then hopefully some writing time!
Cheerio :)

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could wear my hair up like this, it's way too short now, it's a silly little nub at the back of my neck.
    I love the muted tones in this look, that top is a great pattern and looks lovely belted. And those knee highs are so awesome
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you in lookbook and I think that you have a stunning style! Following with bloglovin!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time you wear overknee socks I think to myself that you have the perfect legs for them, the socks look so amazing on you with the pretty high heels! And I adore the mix of patterns in this look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great skirt and I love the blazer with fur

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you may be a tad underdressed for the weather, but gee you look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fur collar and might copy that bun situation when my hair gets long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this look. The blazer & the socks and the blue + brown combo. I totally get the hair thing. Except I feel more 'elegant' with my hair really short. Like the 'after' when they try to make the nerdy girl pretty as a dare in one of those high school dance movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. um i was just browsing a random blog and it had a random article about GG and now i think i need to have a "sick day" to catch up and watch the whole show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute outfit!
    ~niki <3
    http://youngandimmortal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great textures in this outfit. I love the fur collar so much! Your hair looks really nice up like that. I've been thinking about wearing my hair up more lately since it's decently long now. I'm just not used to having longer hair!

    ReplyDelete