Wednesday, March 21, 2012

in which i've got new shoes in the shade

Photobucket

It seems a shame to take photos in the shade when it is so gloriously sunny outside, but the blinding light just isn't working out. There has to be some sort of happy medium, but I haven't discovered what it might be yet. I need a yard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(dress/tunic: tjmaxx; hat/belt: thrifted; necklace: diy; shoes: tilly's)

I received an enormous box of shoes in the mail yesterday--hooray! These wedges are basically meant to replace my favorite sandals from last summer, which are looking a little bit worse for wear (and wedges are more fun anyway, right?). I do have to exchange one pair of the wedges I ordered because they don't fit, even though they were the same size as the other two pairs. Such is life and sizing.

This dress was part of another major haul (I'm buying in bulk lately--whoops), which also resulted in this dress. I almost didn't buy it because the apples are rather autumnal, and, well--wrong season. But obviously I bought it anyway. I think I can probably get some good use out of it while it's warm, since it is sleeveless and all, and it will be perfect when autumn eventually rolls around again (as it tends to do).

Hope you're all having wonderful Wednesdays, and that it's as warm where you are as it is here!

9 comments:

  1. It's always fun to get new clothes (and shoes). I like the apple print dress although I'm not usually too big on apple print. Definitely like the bow-thingy around the collar though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love that dress! And that necklace is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of this outfit! Specially the dress! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I have lighting issues outside too. The shade is just easier to work with. Love the sandal/socks combo. Thats still something I havent quite mastered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those shoes and your hat!!
    xo
    www.stylegod7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm sure I've said it before but I pretty much love everything you wear.
    I have a tendency to buy in bulk too, you get cheaper shipping that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTEST apple print ever. I'm glad you bvought it, I'm sure you'll get plenty of use out of it spring, summer and fall. I am insanely jealous of how much your snow has melted and is turning to green. Weather man calls for 5-10cm just as we melt all the old stuff
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! love the print on this dress. and I actually just ordered some nude wedges yesterday, kinda wish I had seen yours first cause I love them! oh wellllll

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much. That dress is awesome! The print is great and I love the detailing at the top of it. Such a cute necklace too!

    ReplyDelete