Thursday, April 12, 2012

in which i'm dreaming of southern living

Photobucket

I like this outfit a lot.  It's got it all--subtly mixed patterns, layers, drastically different materials, high heels--and apparently I belt everything. Even denim jackets. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(sweater: target; blouse/jacket/skirt/belt: thrifted; socks: uo; shoes: lulu*s)

I've definitely been yearning for more urban life, lately.  Southern urban, to be exact.  In the past K and I have kicked around the idea of moving down south--specifically to Savannah or Charleston--and lately that sounds lovelier than ever.  This blog doesn't help.  I'm dreaming of sunset bike rides through warm, small-city streets, breakfast on the beach, dinner parties on the porch, and hours spent sitting outside cute coffee shops downtown.  Rent is so much cheaper down south than it is up here, and warm weather year-round?  OK by me.  I feel like up North we have learned to put our heads down and move fast, since most of the year is spent freezing our butts off in snowy cold, but I think I would enjoy the smiling faces and slower pace of southern living, at least for a little while.

I spent many hours last night snipping and sewing my ice cream dress, and it's really coming along.  I also went to the gym, which I think contributed a great deal to my happy mood, even though it's laundry day (blech).  I always feel so good after I go--why is my motivation so easily strangled by lethargy?

6 comments:

  1. My dream is life is to move to Savannah. It is my favorite place ever. If I could convince my boyfriend to go, I'd have my bags packed in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog so much! This outfit reminds me of english-heritage style.. Love it!! I'm following this blog
    I've created a new blog
    www.studentfab.blogspot.com
    Would love if you had a chance to check it out
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. do it!!!! I somehow haven't made it to Savannah yet, but I do know Charleston is absolutely THE best. It's so beautiful. I want to live in every single house there. they are all so cute and historic and you just know they have some amazing stories to tell. In fact, now I feel like I am talking myself into moving there!

    I do think you'd love it, but just be warned about the humidity! it's sultry down here.

    christen
    http://fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of Charleston before I started blogging, and now I simply have to go there one day. I personally love living in warmer climes (even though that might be ending, curses) but I don't know that it necessarily makes people happier. Maybe sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These socks are my favorite thing.
    I sort of almost live in the south. Our rent is CRAZY cheap compared to bigger cities. However, there are no beaches in Louisville.

    ReplyDelete