Friday, April 12, 2013

in which i've got polka dots a-plenty

012a (600x526)
I wore this outfit a few days ago but didn't post it because I didn't have anything to say.  Truth be told, I still don't, but there is no use in letting it languish in my drafts.  I've secretly sort of been wanting to chop off my hair, but I can't commit to the idea.  It makes sense in my mind to do it before the road trip, but I'm worried that I will hate it and then I'll never want to look at my trip photos.  Which is ridiculous, but that's the way my mind works right now.

015 (600x450) 017 (600x450)

I'm kind of on auto-pilot at this point.  K and I are slowing chipping away at our pre-trip to-do list (there is so much to do!) and the fact that it is so difficult to extricate ourselves from the tidy little life we've been living is part of the reason for my last post.  I'm thinking I will probably have to buy a car before we leave, and we're looking around to see if we can maybe secure an apartment in advance of our departure as well (because as much as I love traveling, I also love to have a nice home base to return to when I'm done).  There will be a lot going on when we come back, and it would just be nice to have all of that sorted out to make the transition as seamless as possible.

I'm such a planner.  I've spent months and months planning this trip and now that I can't plan any more (everything that can be booked is booked, everything that can be mapped is mapped) I'm starting to plan for life post-trip.  Where I want to live, what I want to do, who I want to be.  It will be nice to hit the road and start living in the moment again... right now my every focus is on the future.

4 comments:

  1. Your hair would look really cute cut short! It'll look good no matter what you decide though. I really really love your dotted dress paired with the yellow tights. Great classic jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked because I thought you had cut your hair off! I think you would look really great with short hair, maybe make the haircut a welcome home activity after your trip :)
    teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair would look amazing if you cut it short. And I love the polka dots! You must be so excited for your road trip. That's something I've wanted to do for a long time, too. I want to take a road trip across country and stop at all the cool stuff along the way. I'm sure our country is full of beauty that we don't even know about yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I love the style of the leather jackets on the site cwmalls.com and the fit definitely suits me, the leather is excellent, too.

    ReplyDelete